Experienced, Trusted Oklahoma City Dentist
Michael C. Fling, DDS | Cama Cord, DDS
Michael C. Fling, DDS
With 34 years of dental experience and extensive training, Dr. Michael C. Fling has been recognized as a premier dentist in the Oklahoma City area. Dr. Fling has been actively participating in dentistry since 1976 as a laboratory technician. He soon discovered a passion for dentistry and entered dental school.
He graduated from Oklahoma University College of Dentistry in 1984 and went into private practice in Oklahoma City. In 1988, only four short years after entering the profession, he received the “Young Dentist of the Year Award” from the Oklahoma Dental Association. His private practice focuses on restorative and cosmetic dentistry, as well as TMJ treatment. As a renowned clinical instructor and guest lecturer, he is consistently on the leading edge of dentistry, and incorporates the latest in dental innovation, technology and techniques into his practice.
He has been named by his peers as one of the Best Dentists in Oklahoma and as one of the Nation’s best dentists
Teacher, Clinical Instructor, Scholar
Michael C. Fling, D.D.S. has served as Course Director and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics at the O.U. College of Dentistry. He is the founder and President of “Fling Seminars”, providing advanced dental education to dentists, dental teams and technicians throughout the country.
Currently, he serves as a guest lecturer at O.U. College of Dentistry in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics and as an Associate Faculty at the L.D. Pankey Institute. Dr. Fling is also on staff with the Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) residents at the O.U. College of Dentistry, lecturing on restorative concepts and technical excellence.
He recently completed the process to be awarded the title of “Pankey Scholar.” As a member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry, the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, and the American College of Dentists, he has lectured throughout the country to dental and laboratory associations and to various study groups on fundamental principles of restorative dentistry and achieving technical excellence.
Dentistry Today has named him as one of the “Top 100 Clinicians in Dental Education” every year since 2005.
Dr. Fling Featured On The DMG America Dental Podcast Series
Listen to Dr. Fling’s episode “Composite Shell Overlay Technique for Provisionalization” on the DMG America Dental Podcast Series.
Dr. Fling’s Accomplishments
- Dr. Fling has been named by Dentistry Today as one of the top 100 Leaders in Continuing Education since 2005.
- President of Fling Seminars, which provides advanced dental education not only in the United States but also in Canada and Europe.
- He has been involved in education since his graduation from dental school in 1984.
- Dr. Fling served as Course Director in the Department of Fixed Prosthodontics at OU College of Dentistry for five years and has taught at OU College of Dentistry since 1984.
- He also serves as a guest presenter where he presents courses to students and faculty on treatment planning and comprehensive cosmetic procedures.
- Dr. Fling is a course coordinator at the LD Pankey Institute in Miami, Florida. This is a course where dentists from all over the world come to participate. Dr. Fling not only develops the curriculum for that course but also is one of the lead faculty that presents it to those doctors. The Pankey Institute is known for not only providing excellent education but for also helping the doctor develop life skills as well.
- Dr. Fling trained as a laboratory technician and worked in the laboratory for many years before attending dental school and while in dental school. This gives him a unique ability to understand the process involved in fabrication of restorations. He continues to be an educator in the leading edge of dental materials and processes for restorations and fabrication.
- Dr. Fling has published many articles and has even written a book. Many of his seminars that he presents today to study groups also includes motivational topics. He published a book in 2011 titled 32 Laps. He is also an artist. He uses many of these skills in his every day practice to both improve and inspire the people with whom he works.
Cama Cord, DDS
Dr. Cord was raised in Yukon, OK and loves serving the OKC community. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Oklahoma Baptist University in 2015 and attended the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry, earning her D.D.S. with special distinction in 2019. She graduated at the top of her class with honors in pediatric dentistry, anesthesia, humanitarian service and anatomical sciences. Dr. Cord completed residency training in Advanced Education in General Dentistry from the University of Oklahoma in August 2020. She is passionate about providing exceptional, relationship based, comprehensive care and creating a comfortable experience for every patient.
Teacher, Clinical Instructor, Scholar
In addition to serving patients at our practice, Dr. Cord is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the OU College of Dentistry in the Department of Prosthodontics. She serves as co-director of the Fixed 1 course and helps with many other courses throughout the year. It is a passion of hers to help new dental professionals learn and grown into great dentists.
Dr. Cord continues to expand her education in the world of modern dentistry by involvement in several groups to include Seattle Study Club and the Pankey Institute. With this, she is able to deliver the most up to date and appropriate care for her patient’s needs. With her focus on cosmetic and restorative treatment, she has received additional training to provide TMJ and Botox/filler treatment.
Dr. Cord is married to her wonderful husband, Matthew Cord, and has two children Adalyn and Ben. Outside the office, she loves spending time with family, exploring the outdoors with their dogs in tow and traveling!
Dr. Cord’s Accomplishments, Awards and Recognition
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology Horace Wells Senior Student Award
- Edwin L. Wilson, Jr. Award of Excellence
- International College of Dentists Student Humanitarian Award
- Michael Louis Backowske Award for Excellence in Anatomical Science
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Pediatric Honors Program
- Level 1 and Level 2 Botox/Filler training
- Continuing education at the Pankey Institute
- Member of the Metro Study Club (Seattle Study Club)
- Member of the ADA, ODA and Oklahoma County Dental Society